Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Development of methods for the generation of representative driving cycles for trucks
Topic and Goal of the Thesis
The electrification of road transport is a key aspect of CO2 reduction. For successful market penetration, battery-electric trucks must have equal or better attributes in terms of efficiency and economic viability compared to conventional vehicles.
The aim of this work is to derive driving cycles from driving and vehicle data for trucks.
- Orientation and research on drive profiles and cycles
- Identification of essential parameters for modelling real-world driving behaviour of battery electric trucks
- Further development of methods for the generation of drive cycles from measurement data
- Exemplary application within the research project BEV goes eHighway (BEE)
- Good English or German language skills
- Reliability, commitment and enjoyment of working independently
- Experience with Matlab is an advantage (not a must)
Note: Please attach brief resume and grade summary.