Thursday, June 01, 2023
Implementation of multi-objective optimization methods for bearing selection in context of powertrain design
Topic and Goal of the Thesis
In a research project, an innovative electric axle for heavy commercial vehicles is being developed. For this purpose, several purpose design powertrain topologies for the e-axle were developed and have to be evaluated before the powertrain concept is finalised.
For the finalisation of simulation models, a reliable bearing design is crucial. For this purpose, existing scripts for bearing calculation must be further developed and integrated into the existing MATLAB environment. In addition, the results and the method are to be validated with the help of external software for gear design and / or on the basis of literature values.
- Literature research on the topics of Design of Experiments (DoE) and optimization methods
- Implementation of suitable optimization methods (e.g. genetic algorithm) for bearing calculation and selection
- Identification of relevant requirements and evaluation criteria for the selection of bearings for a commercial vehicle gearbox
- Carrying out simulative parameter studies using the methods of experimental design
- Reliability, commitment, enjoyment of programming and working independently
- Experience in MATLAB (Object-oriented programming OOP, optimization methods)
- KissSys / KissSoft
Note: Please attach brief resume and grade summary.