Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Real data-based estimation of vehicle mass for trucks
Topic and Goal of the Thesis
The electrification of road transport is a key aspect of CO2 reduction. For successful market penetration, battery-electric trucks must have equal or better attributes in terms of efficiency and economic viability compared to conventional vehicles.
The aim of this work is to estimate the vehicle mass of a truck from measured data.
- Orientation and research on mass estimation
- Identification of essential parameters for mass estimation of trucks
- Development of a method for estimating the vehicle mass of a truck from measurement data
- Exemplary application within the research project BEV goes eHighway (BEE)
- Good English or German language skills
- Reliability, commitment and enjoyment of working independently
- Experience with Matlab is an advantage (not a must)
Note: Please attach brief resume and grade summary.