Wednesday, September 21, 2022
Analysis of Real Driving Behaviour at Different Motorway On-Ramps
Topic and Goal of the Thesis
The analysis of current traffic is extremely important for the development and safety validation of highly automated vehicles. For this purpose, the ika uses various recording methods to record highly accurate data from different traffic areas (see e.g. highD Dataset and inD Dataset). In total, more than 500,000 highly accurate vehicle trajectories are available. A particularly interesting traffic area with regard to automated driving are motorway on-ramps. The reason for this is that a particularly large amount of unavoidable interaction takes place there. Therefore, in this thesis, the driving behaviour at different motorway on-ramps shall be investigated and analysed.
- Literature research on analysis of driver behaviour at motorway on-ramps with the focus on analysis criteria
- Selection and implementation of suitable analysis criteria
- Analysis, visualization and comparison of driver behaviour at different motorway on-ramps
- Good English or German language skills
- Basic knowledge in automotive engineering
- Reliability, commitment and enjoyment of working independently
- Experience with Python, especially with libraries like numpy, pandas and matplotlib
Note: Please attach brief resume and grade summary.