Wednesday, March 01, 2023
Assessment of Simulation Quality Impact on Automated Driving Functions
Topic and Goal of the Thesis
Simulation plays a major role in the development and validation of automated driving functions. The fidelity of the simulated environment to reality has a significant influence on the quality of the results. However, how detailed objects have to be modeled in the simulation also depends on the sensor types used and their characteristics. Therefore, in this thesis, the effect of simulation quality on subsequent algorithms for different sensors will be investigated in more detail.
- Literature research and evaluation of the state of the art
- Modeling of different lidar sensors in the CARLA simulation environment
- Development of a method for testing different simulation quality levels
- Execution of all tests and evaluation of the results
- Good English or German language skills
- Experience with Python or C++
- Experience with CARLA is an advantage (not a must)
- Reliability, commitment and enjoyment of working independently
Note: Please attach brief resume and grade summary.