Thursday, August 03, 2023
Challenge automated vehicles: Generation of complex driving scenarios for automated driving
Topic and Goal of the Thesis
Vehicles drive increasingly automated and are therefore tested within simulations. Therefore, driving scenarios have to be created to challenge the driving function. However, the generated scenarios are mostly simple and do not do justice to the complexity of traffic at intersections.
In this work, a methodology for the realistic generation of complex driving scenarios to challenge automated driving functinos shall be developed. For this purpose, road users are to be systematically parameterized and controlled in order to be able to test an automated driving function in realistic scenarios.
- Literature research on generation of driving scenarios
- Development of a methodology for complex and challenging driving scenario generation on urban intersections
- Generation and simulation of driving scenarios on intersections based on existing real-world data
- Validation of the developed methodology
- Good English or German language skills
- Reliability, commitment, and enjoyment of working independently as well as methodically
- Experience with python
Note: Please attach brief resume and grade summary.