Wednesday, June 28, 2023
Closed Loop Test Case Selection for the Safety Assessment of Automated Driving
Topic and Goal of the Thesis
Automated vehicles have a significantly higher operational scope than driver assistance systems. That is why research is focusing on a scenario-based approach for proving their safety. In this approach, traffic is broken down into individual scenario classes and the vehicle is specifically tested in these. In that way, it is also possible to specifically test particularly interesting scenarios that occur less frequently in real traffic.
An open research question is how to determine which scenarios found are suitable as test cases for an automated driving system (System Under Test, SUT). In this thesis, an approach shall be developed and implemented to select test cases efficiently. For this purpose, the SUT shall drive in a set of initial test cases in a simulation environment and based on its performance new suitable test cases shall be generated automatically.
- Literature research on scenario-based testing
- Development of the closed loop selection method
- Implementation and evaluation in a simulation environment
- Experience with Python
- Prior knowledge on automotive engineering, C++ are beneficial
- Reliability, commitment and enjoyment of working independently
- Good English or German language skills
Note: Please attach brief resume and grade summary.