Thursday, September 21, 2023
Collective perception in a live digital twin of traffic
Topic and Goal of the Thesis
The mobility system of the future is electric, automated and connected. Increasing connectivity opens up completely new possibilities to increase comfort, efficiency, and safety in road traffic. Connected automated vehicles and intelligent infrastructure can perceive their traffic environment and share this information with each other. By combining this data, a live digital twin of traffic, i.e., a real-time image of the current traffic situation, can be generated. This twin can be used by other road users to fill gaps in their own perception and to detect hazards at an early stage. The goal of this thesis is to design and implement a query service that provides data from this live traffic twin on demand.
- Research on existing standards and interfaces for cooperative perception
- Design and implementation of a query service for the live digital twin of traffic using ROS and C++
- Evaluation of the prototype in a real automated test vehicle at the "Campus Melaten" test site
- Good English or German language skills
- Reliability, commitment, and enjoyment of working independently
- Experience with python
- Programming knowledge in C++, experience with ROS is advantageous)
Note: Please attach brief resume and grade summary.