Wednesday, September 21, 2022
Cooperative trajectory planning using V2X-based maneuver suggestions
Topic and Goal of the Thesis
Algorithms for safe, comfortable and efficient motion planning play an important role for automated vehicles. A wide range of information is taken into account to plan a suitable vehicle trajectory: In addition to information from the vehicle's own sensors, information from other road users or digital infrastructure can also be considered. In this thesis, a concept for the integration of V2X messages into the motion planning of an automated vehicle will be developed and implemented.
- Literature research on the external coordination of automated vehicles and its integration into the vehicle guidance
- Determination of relevant control variables for urban areas, e.g. on the basis of drone data
- Creation and implementation of a concept for the generation and integration of external maneuver suggestions
- Evaluation and documentation of the results
- Good English or German language skills
- Reliability, commitment and enjoyment of working independently
- Experience with python and C++
- Experience with ROS and CARLA (not a must)
Note: Please attach brief resume and grade summary.