Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Development of an intelligence for continuous analysis of data flows in C-ITS
Topic and Goal of the Thesis
In the context of C-ITS (Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems), both automated vehicles and infrastructure sensors can be used for environment perception. To create digital twins of the environment, perception data from automated vehicles can be fused with those from connected traffic-related infrastructure. The exchange and combination of these data is only possible and useful under certain conditions. The decision on whether and how to fuse data is conducted in the cloud and based on a continuous analysis of available time series data, such as the position of different road users.
The goal of this work is to define and exemplarily implement suitable analysis rules for demand-driven communication and data fusion. The work serves as an important basis for the orchestration of functions and data flows in a C-ITS.
- Literature research with respect to demand-driven communication
- Definition of analysis rules and corresponding interfaces
- Generation of test scenarios in a simulation environment
- Implementation and simulative tests of specific analysis rules using generated scenarios
- Good English or German language skills
- Passion for automated driving
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Experience with ROS is an advantage
Note: Please attach brief resume and grade summary.