Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Model predictive control of a battery electric truck with overhead line systems
Topic and Goal of the Thesis
As part of the transition from the combustion engine to e-mobility in road traffic, several manufacturers of commercial vehicles have started to electrify their vehicles. Depending on the application, the focus is on vehicles with battery-electric drive or fuel cell technology. To increase the range of electric trucks with only one battery as energy storage, overhead line systems are also conceivable. These shall be investigated in more detail in a simulation.
In the course of this work, a simulation model of a battery-electric truck with overhead line system is to be extended to represent the power demand in a driving cycle.
- Research on model predictive control
- Extension of a simulation model in Matlab/Simulink
- Processing of scientific questions with the help of the simulation environment
- Good English or German language skills
- Reliability, commitment and enjoyment of working independently
Note: Please attach brief resume and grade summary.