Monday, August 21, 2023
Construction of a simulation model for the investigation of glass components
Topic and Goal of the Thesis
One of the current design trends in vehicle technology is the increasing usage of glass. The exterior of future vehicle generations will incorporate ever larger glass components. The increasing proportion of glass as a brittle-breaking material has, among other things, an impact on the vehicle structure and crash safety. For the realization of large glass surfaces and components, an in-depth understanding of glass simulation is essential. The aim of this work is to identify different simulation approaches for glass and to build a suitable model.
- Systematic research on simulation approaches for glass
- Design of the most suitable approaches in simulation software
- Evaluation and comparison of the different approaches by simulative investigation
- Documentation of the results in written form
- Good English or German language skills
- Reliability, commitment and enjoyment of working independently
- Knowledge of glass as a material and of simulation desirable
Note: Please attach brief resume and grade summary.