Friday, August 18, 2023
Development of a tyre rolling noise prediction model based on measurement data
Topic and Goal of the Thesis
Due to increasing electrification, tyre-road noise is becoming more and more important. The acoustic masking of the combustion engine is missing and therefore the tyre-road noise becomes the dominant external noise in an ever wider speed range than before.
As part of an ongoing research project, the tyre is being investigated as a source of noise. Within this thesis a prediction model for tyre rolling noise should be developed and evaluated using already existing measurement data.
- Literature research on rolling noise models
- Conception of an empirical model for tyre rolling noise
- Development of this model using existing measurement data
- Application & verification of this model
- Good English and/ or German language skills
- Reliability, commitment and enjoyment of working independently
- Knowledge of acoustics is helpful (not a must)
- Knowledge of Matlab is helpful (not a must)
Note: Please attach brief resume and grade summary.